Any company which trades on its own account in Europe is eligible to join EFET. All applications are considered by the Board and companies are expected to adhere to the EFET Principles of Good Conduct for Energy Trading: (The "10 Pillars")
We offer various forms of membership. The two most popular are:
- Full membership – which gives the right to participate in all meetings and activities of EFET and its respective Committees, Working Groups and Task Forces, and be involved in any decision-making processes. Current fees are Euro 18,600 per calendar year.
- Associate membership – which gives full access to the EFET website and a right to be on the CC list of EFET groups, but doesn’t enable participation in committees, task forces and working groups. Current fees are Euro 5,600 per calendar year.
Various regional memberships are also available.
The Legal Committee
- Full Legal Committee Membership gives members the right to unlimited attendance to all meetings, to participate in all activities of the EFET Legal Committee and its task forces and to vote at any meeting and on all documents. It also enables access to legal pages of the EFET website, including full access to the Legal Opinions. The annual cost is Euro 15,000 per calendar year.
- Associate Legal Committee Members cannot become members of the legal task forces. However, it does enable access to legal pages of the EFET website, including full access to the Legal Opinions. The annual cost is Euro 12,500 per calendar year.
- We also offer an option to subscribe to the legal Opinions Module. This module gives EFET members the right to access a section of the EFET website covering more than 30 legal opinions, otherwise reserved for EFET Legal Committee Members. Access to the Legal Module requires members to be an EFET Subscriber Member. There is a special Subscriber membership available for companies which only require the Legal Module and are not an EFET member.