The EFET Gas committee, chaired by Doug Wood, and the Task Forces and Working Groups which support it, deal with all issues related to gas and hydrogen market functioning and design.
The gas committee is currently considering topics including:
- The future role of gas.
- The potential development of a market for hydrogen.
- The development of tradeable guarantees of origin for all types of gases.
- How to remove barriers to more effective gas market functioning. Among other things, the EFET gas committee strives to ensure that:
A series of Working Groups support the work of the Gas Committee. These cover:
- Gas Hubs and Balancing;
- Security of Supply, LNG and Storage;
- Capacity; and
- Renewable and Low Carbon Gases.
As well as considering issues at the European level, we are also active in National and Regional markets via our working groups:
- Central and South Eastern Europe; and
If you’d like to find out more about our work, please contact the Secretary to the Gas Committee, Pawel Lont, or explore the links below:
- Our recent position papers and consultation responses