The EFET Gas committee, chaired by Doug Wood, and the Task Forces and Working Groups which support it, deal with all issues related to gas and hydrogen market functioning and design.
The gas committee is currently considering topics including:
- Ensuring affordable and stable access to gas throughout Europe
- How to remove barriers to more effective gas market functioning and in the spirit of solidarity.
- The potential development of a market for hydrogen.
- The development of tradeable guarantees of origin for all types of gases.
The works of the Gas Committee has been divided into two main subgroups:
- Natural Gas Agenda;
- Renewable and Low-carbon gases agenda.
In addition, subject-specific subgroups are formed to cover specific topic, including:
- Under the Natural Gas Agenda:
- Gas Hubs and Balancing;
- Security of Supply, LNG and Storage;
- Under the Renewable and Low-carbon gases agenda:
- RES Gas Working Group.
As well as considering issues at the European level, we are also active in National and Regional markets via our working groups:
- Central and South Eastern Europe; and
If you’d like to find out more about our work, please contact the Secretaries to the Gas Committee, Mariana Liakopolou or Pawel Lont.
- Our recent position papers and consultation responses